HealthCare Simulation South Carolina (HCSSC) has developed novel hybrid task training scenario sets. These scenarios are designed to be run at a hybrid simulation skill station, which includes a student run, deliberate practice-
1. Simulation scenarios to provide deliberate practice with feedback. For example, videos, sound, documents, pictures, vital signs displayed on the simulated patient monitor to the student learner.
2. Another student, a student operator runs the easy to run menu-
3. The students alternate roles as learner and operator until both master the learning objectives. This setup may also foster healthy competition and helpful interaction.
4. The students may also use the laptop computer to access web based or other curriculum built around objectives when appropriate.
5. One facilitator, for example, upper level student, teaching assistant, or teacher can supervise multiple stations providing individual help as needed.
6. If documentation of student mastery is desired, the facilitator can run a summative evaluation using the same or similar station setup